[Buddha-l] Buddhism and blasphemy

Dante Rosati dante at interport.net
Mon Feb 6 17:52:51 MST 2006

>planet, is almost inevitable. The aggressive human cancer has grown to
>the point where there is probably no treatment for it. It is not
>sustainable, so it will not last forever. What remains to be seen is how
>many sentient beings will remain to see it fail to last.

I don't think things are really any different now then they ever have been throughout history. If anything, there is proabably a modicum >more< peace and justice now than in the past. It just looks bad because we have live feeds from any and everything that is nasty pouring out of tv screens and computer terminals 24/7. Not too long ago, peoople lived with a fairly limited horizen. The only news of foreign wars and disasters was from a passing traveler who might recount rumors of events from distant lands in recent years. Now of course, we get it all in real time. I suppose we might take comfort in our limited cosmic horizen- I'm sure there are horrible wars and genocides occuring on planets all over the galaxy, but we are spared knowledge of them (for now). Just wait until (and if) we are ever invited to join the Galactic Federation, and we find out what's >really< going on all around us. Still, I'm sure thats nothing new either, planetary civilizations rise and fall, destroy each other, and are replaced by others. They dont call it "'khor ba" for nothing.

D.