[Buddha-l] Question

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Mon Feb 13 07:31:54 MST 2006

There is no need to "excuse" Gotama's renunciation. Both Yasodhara and
Rahula were well cared for - if anything their status was significantly
enhanced by his departure. Things could have been quite different had
Gotama not waited until after the birth of his son (and then a little
longer to ensure that Rahula survived early infancy).
- Curt