[buddha-l] it's all about curt

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 7 11:45:32 MST 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:49 PM, curt wrote:

> I was saying that you were lying. As in intentionally
> misrepresenting what I was saying. And also making the crudest
> possible ad hominem attacks.

Whoa there Curt! You must remember that every member (who wants) has
the complete correspondence on this thread. We can all go back and
trace exactly where the discussion jumped the track. It is also
pretty clear to me that calling your thinking fuzzy and suggesting
that you clarify your arguments, even perhaps comparing some of your
ideas similar to neo-nazism, are not lies. I cannot find a lie
anywhere. I can not see where anyone on buddha-l (excepting perhaps
yourself) has ever misrepresented anything you were saying.

It is striking that your choice of epithet you use to characterize
your antagonist is from Old German (neo-wiht), similarly to the myths
some have suggested you propound.  Now, interestingly, the "wit"
portion of the word, wiht, started out meaning "creature", but also
meant "man".
So, you seem to be questioning Dr. Hays' manhood.

On the positive side, however, you might know that the English
romantics (and, I believe someone suggested you were a romantic) used
"wight" to signify a faery, so it seems you may have indented to
declare that Professor Hays is not a fairy.

The term being ambiguous, I suggest that you clarify your meaning.

nitwit:
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from German dialect nit [not] (from Old High
German niwiht, neowiht nothing) + English wit  [creature, man].

Whole damned mess almost makes me want to be a Jungian and believe
all that collective consciousness stuff.