[buddha-l] it's not about belief

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 7 10:57:13 MST 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:07 PM, curt wrote:

> Jim Peavler wrote:
>

>> I would never call Dr. Hayes (nor myself) disingenuous, which, if
>> I  understand it, "pretending to know less about something than
>> one  actually knows."  Buddha-l is almost completely devoid of any
>> odor of  the disingenuous. Most of us tend to fall somewhere on
>> the other end  of the spectrum.
>>

> dis-in-gen-u-ous: adjective: lacking in candor : calculating
>
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=disingenuous

Golly. We both use the same online dictionary. Are you a paying
member or a casual user.

I was being disingenuous about disingenuous (my stupid idea of a
joke). I was pretending to know less about the meaning of the word
than I actually did (having just looked it up on the same dictionary
used to refute me). I kinda figured you might look it up and attempt
to embarrass me in public. Well, touche. Now I am going to go sulk on
some other email list. Maybe I will try it on the UUBF-L. They  will
go for almost anything.