[Buddha-l] Vivekananda

Andrew Fort a.fort at tcu.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:23:41 MST 2006

One more thought on this thread: I have done some research on Vivekananda,
but I don't know Bengali, so I am taking others' word for this, but
Vivekananda scholars say that his writing in Bengali is clearly more
nationalistic and "Hindu chauvinist" than his English writing.  And, of
course, like all of us, he spoke differently to different audiences.  Which
leads me to agree with Richard, Curt, and Paul Simon, that "a man sees what
he wants to see, and disregards the rest. . . "  Andy