[Buddha-l] Re: Jesus is Buddha?

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 23 12:23:20 MST 2006

Dante,

>OMG what a can of worms. The strange thing is, what led me to google
>Lindtner was I was reading though his articles in Potter's
>Enclyclopedia vol. 8, where he does the MMK and some other N. texts.
>Now, this was published in 1999, so it makes me wonder: Does Potter
>not care about Lindtner's "other interests"? Does he figure "well,
>the guy knows his Nagarjuna, what he does as a hobby is none of my
>business"?

There is a rather long lead time between making contributions to the
Encyclopedia and publication. So it may well have been accepted back
in the 1980s. In fact, Potter may well not have known - whatever his
views on vetting contributors. Some of what has been said here I had
not heard before. And do not know if it is true or not.

I had rather discarded his theories on the relationship between
Christianity and Buddhism some time ago.

Lance Cousins