[Buddha-l] Re: Jesus is Buddha?

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Jan 23 12:53:56 MST 2006

On Monday, January 23, 2006, Dante Rosati wrote:

> Could one be clearheaded enough to follow Nagarjuna's
> arguments, and then put on an SS uniform to go party?

   When  I  read  you, a verse came to my mind that the
Baptist  pastor  of  the  church  I  attended yesterday
reminded  for  us  who were present: "Knowledge puffeth
up, but charity edifieth" (1 Corinthians 8:1).

   I  think  that  Naagaarjuna is both a powerful and a
dangerous tool. He taught radical relativism, but as he
also  reminded us, relativism is relative, just a word,
just a tool. Nowdays I see many people playing with the
first  teaching and forgetting the second one--the sign
of   our   times,   I   suppose.  Maybe  Lindtner  took
Naagaarjuna  too seriously (and the traditional Buddha,
I don't know about others, already warned about that).

   Best wishes,

   Beni