[Buddha-l] Moralistic Therapeutic Buddhism?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 25 15:08:56 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 16:14 -0500, curt wrote:

> Most Christian teenagers have rarely if ever "discussed a theological
> issue with an adult".

Well, hell's bells. Let's sign them on to buddha-l. We'll talk theology
with them all they want. That will at least give them some practice
talking theology until they can find some adults to do it with.

> Christian teenagers are "heavily influenced by the ideology of individualism."

We'll get them goose-stepping in no time.

> Many Christian teenagers "go so far as to suggest that there are no
> 'right' answers in matters of doctrine and theological conviction."

We'll assign Benito to whip them into shape.

> Clearly we are living in the Endtime, brothers and sisters. Let us pray.

Amen to that, Brother Curt! Let's bow our heads. Oh Lord, I pray that
when the End Time comes, you'll find it in your heart to pay us more
overtime (those of us who aren't left behind, that is, with all those
corrupt Republicans, wondering what the hell hit them.) Give our regards
to your son, Lord. We're all praying he'll leave the Unitarians.
That's all for now, Lord. All of us here on buddha-l are looking forward
to the Rapture.

Richard (the one with the mole)