[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:29:28 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 04:29 +0100, Vicente Gonzalez wrote:

> Potthapada Sutta

That is one of my favorite suttas, one that I quote frequently in
explaining the Buddha's view on anatta. Thank you for quoting it for me.
It saved me the trouble.

I admire your determination to find something with which you can
disagree, but so far all you have done is to refute an opponent who
lives only in your imagination. Perhaps you could save yourself trouble
by just dropping this topic. I have a feeling many subscribers to
buddha-l would appreciate your restraint.

--
Richard