[Buddha-l] Just checking

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sun Jul 23 03:26:44 MDT 2006

In message <64721A3F-1A29-11DB-BE74-00039347DCC6 at earthlink.net>, James
Ward <jamesward at earthlink.net> writes

>This is a big community which has been around for years, and I would be
>frankly surprised if many, or even any, participants were to suddenly
>forget how valuable it is to have this space and to have each other to
>talk to.

I value the opportunity for dialogue here but, being involved in running
a Buddhist centre,  I have plenty of opportunity in our evening meetings
as well.  Based on a particular text or topic, we have good discussions.
We are joined in these discussions with our resident Geshe. I wonder how
many of us have this opportunity as well? One advantage on this forum is
that one can hear from a wider range of perspectives.  And one advantage
of our evening discussions is that they stay focussed  and do not wander
off topic.

--
Metta
Mike Austin