[Buddha-l] Linji

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 24 10:59:11 MDT 2006

Rahula et al.,

Those Linji quotes are from the Linjilu (Jap. Rinzairoku), the Record
of Linji. A brief and tremendously entertaining book, it is also one of
the most profound (perhaps anti-) spiritual works in the Buddhist
tradition. I suggest you pick up the easily available and wonderfully
vivid Burton Watson translation.

Cheers,

Franz