[Buddha-l] Metteyya

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jul 29 13:48:08 MDT 2006

perhaps this might be a more reliable source:
http://www.wisdom-books.com/ProductDetail.asp?CatNumber=5686

joanna

  Hi,

  "Our cycle is a happy one, three leaders have already lived . . . The Buddha supreme am I, but after me, Metteyya comes. While still this happy cycle lasts, before its tale of years shall lapse. This Buddha, called Metteyya, shall be supreme chief of all Men." [Henry C. Warren, Buddhism in translation, p.481-82]

  If I read correctly, it is a translation from the Anagatavamsa.

  However, I couldn't find the passage here:
  http://www.ubakhin.com/uchittin/arimet/ARIMET09.html

  Anyone know the source of the passage?

  Thanks,
  Rahula