[Buddha-l] Buddhist architecture around the world in 360°

Stefan Detrez stefan.detrez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 09:37:40 MST 2006

Dear folks,

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but if it is, it surely is
worth posting it again: Panoramic views of Buddhist architecture around the
world. Keep your mouse button pressed and move it to the direction you like.
(you can even see the sky ABOVE the Ajanta caves, where an Indian man's
inspecting what you are doing!). It's so impressive it almost brought tears
to my eyes. I selected some sights for your convenience, but you can of
course choose to go to spectacular non-Buddhist sites, too. It can be used
as educational material (saving you several thousands of dollars, not having
to travel to see them) or as an ariya. pass-the-time activity.

Here's Ajanta:

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/asia/in/ajanta/panorama.html

And here Bodhgaya:

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/asia/in/bodhgaya/mahabodhiTemple.html

And Lumbini with an/the Asoka pillar

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/asia/np/lumbini/ashokanPillar.html

See the damage to the Bamiyan Buddha:

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/asia/af/bamiyan/largeNiche_upRight.html

And Borobudur...

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/asia/id/borobudur/base.html

Anyway, you'll be sweet for some time touring the world watching the
Buddhist heritage...

Stefan
--
Born, never asked.