[Buddha-l] Earliest Buddhist literature

M.B. Schiekel mb.schiekel at arcor.de
Sun Mar 19 11:32:47 MST 2006

Stephen Hodge schrieb:

> Belatedly, but still not clear whose collection this is.  I note the
> following from the Schoyen Collection website, ...

"Carbon dating tests were carried out on two out of three international
collections, the Senior and Schøyen collections which are owned by
private individuals. The third is owned by the British Library.
Results showed that two manuscripts from the Senior collection date
between the years 130 and 250 AD and three of the Schøyen texts between
the first and fifth century AD."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10371631

Be well and happy,
bernhard