[Buddha-l] Photographs of buddha-l regulars

"Kåre A. Lie" alberlie at online.no
Thu Nov 2 08:17:47 MST 2006

At 07:46 02.11.2006 -0700, Richard Hayes wrote:

>You may well be begging the question. The very question on the floor is
>whether the folks you mentioned are idealists. From what I can gather,
>Vasubandhu and Dignaga most probably were idealists, although I am not sure
>that the Yogacara label should be pinned on Dignaga. I have not read the
>other folks you mention.

In our book "Tanke og virkelighet" Svein Myreng and I have translated and
commented Vasubandhu's Madhyantavibhaga. There we argue that Vasubandhu was
not an idealist (in the Western philosophical sense of the word), at least
not as far as can be judged from his Madhyantavibhaga.

Hmmm ... maybe we should have the book translated into English, for the
benefit of those few of you who are not quite fluent in Norwegian yet ... :-)

Yours,

Kåre A. Lie
http://www.lienet.no