[Buddha-l] A vocabulary question for Stephen andLance(oranyoneelse)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Nov 6 20:21:41 MST 2006

On Monday November 6 2006 18:02, Stephen Hodge wrote:

> But, talking of commentaries, I have spotted this forthcoming book that
> might interest two or three people (at most) here:
>
> "Scholastic Sanskrit: A Handbook for Students",  G. A. Tubb, American
> Institute of Buddhist Studies. pp275.   It's supposed to be out on the 9th
> of this month -- and it's cheap:  £22.32 according to Amazon UK.

Wonderful news! I have been using an early draft of that book (so early it was
done on a typewriter!). Even that early draft was superb, and I'm sure the
published work will be much improved.

A bit of completely meaningless Sanskrit trivia: Gary Tubb and I went to the
same high school and hated many of the same teachers, especially the sadistic
Fascist ex-Marine who taught physical education.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy