[Buddha-l] Withdrawal of the senses

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Nov 17 15:05:06 MST 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 12:35, curt wrote:

> Here's how it goes - there are two pills you can take. One allows you to
> stay asleep and never even realize that you are dreaming. The other one
> wakes you up - and you can never go back to sleep again. Most people
> take the blue pill - and most of the people who take the red pill regret
> it.

Thanks. That helps. It saves me the agony of sitting through a violent movie.

There is only one thing that is not clear from your explanation. Which color
pill does one take to wake up and never go back to sleep again. I assume that
is the blue pill, the one that everyone takes. That's the one I want.

Can you get these pills on-line from a Canadian pharmacist? I'm guessing the
pills would be prohibitively expensive in the USA. Also, in the movie, right
after explaining about the pills, does someone come on and say really
fast "These pills are not for everyone. If you have liver damage or kidney
disease or are prone to sudden and fatal heart attacks, or if you have ever
known a smoker or are pregnant or could become pregnant or if your erection
lasts for more than four days, please consult your physician and get a good
trial lawyer"? I'd also like to know if there is one of these pills that you
apply directly to the forehead, apply directly to the forehead, apply
directly to the forehead.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy