[Buddha-l] Are we sick of dogma yet?

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 22 14:27:53 MST 2006

> Ah, now you're talking like Dan Lusthaus! He just needs a job out there
> at UNM and you two could be the twin mountains of Neo-Pudgalavada.

Ah, Franz! You seem to have picked up on something Richard intimated --
which is that the Santideva-type Madhyamaka is merely repackaged
Pudgalavada. Richard seems to have figured that out, but I don't think
Siderits himself has a clue.

For Pudgalavadins, the pudgala (person) is a praj~napti, a heuristic
reductionism, though indispensible for doing Buddhism.

Dan Lusthaus