[Buddha-l] Comfort zones

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sun Oct 1 09:45:34 MDT 2006

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have temporarily reset some security options of mailman to prevent
fascists, communists, murderers, and other malfeasers from obtaining
the email addresses of our subscribers. 1) member addresses are shown
so they are not easily recognizable as email addresses (helps keep
out fishing software attacks), and 2) the subscriber list will not be
available to other subscribers for at least a while. If you want the
email address of a fellow subscriber send an email to the list
administrator (or directly to me as myself) and I will get it for you.

This situation has been brought about because some person (no longer
a subscriber) used our list to gather addresses of people he or she
wished to abuse separately from the buddha-l subscription list.

Abuse within the buddha-l list will continue as usual, of course.

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org