[Buddha-l] persecuting Christians in Tang China

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Oct 2 21:36:52 MDT 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 20:39, Richard Hayes wrote:

>  though I have to admire your persistent
> attempts to magnify my slightest mistake into a major character flaw.

Herr Funhouse, while you're out rounding up those who slander and calumniate,
you may want to place the maintainers of
http;//www.nestorian.org/nestorian_timeline.html under house arrest, since
they claim that 698-705 was the time when Chinese Christians were persecuted
under Empress Wu. (That was not long after Nestorians were persecuted by Jews
in Yemen.) And you might want to apprise the authors of Wikipedia that the
empress had no Buddhist leanings, a slanderous claim they may have picked up
from any number of histories of China.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy