[Buddha-l] Persecution in modern Colorado?

d f tweney dylan at tweney.com
Wed Oct 4 14:11:08 MDT 2006

Piya--

In raising money to help the wife and family of the gunman, the Amish
families were not forgiving those who had hurt them. They were helping
fellow sufferers -- people who, like them, had been deeply hurt and had
lost a family member. There is a big difference. One is forgiveness. The
other is compassion. Both may be spiritual values, but I think even a
Unitarian could tell the difference between the two.

take care,

--dylan.

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Piya Tan wrote:

> Forgiving those who have harmed or hurt us is a great way of practising
> spirituality, whatever it is called.
<snip>

--
Dylan Tweney           writer/editor