[Buddha-l] Camp Jesus

Stefan Detrez stefan.detrez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 04:49:04 MDT 2006

2006/10/17, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu>:

> Have any of you seen the movie "Camp Jesus"?

To make things more graphic, here's a link to the trailer.
http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/trailer.html?v_id=342517

Richard wrote:
Is it time to start talking about Camp Buddha? Maybe we can get a bunch of
impressionable kids marching around cardboard images of Leonard Cohen and
shouting "War! War! War!" as a chunky camp director reminds them of all the
enemies of the Sad-dharma out there in Evil Samsara. Or we could just give
them all a Kalacakra initiation.

I write:
With things turning bad in Sri Lanka (another Tamil assault) and the coup in
Thailand, my suspicion grows that in schools Buddhism will become
politicized at least until things become calm or to justify certain actions.
It's a suspicion which I cannot materialize with evidence.

Stefan