[Buddha-l] there he goes again (sam harris)

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Oct 26 10:02:34 MDT 2006

Richard Hayes wrote:

>> And I just now noticed that Sam's self-promoting website
>>

> Just out of curiosity, how many web sites do you know about that are NOT
> self-promoting? Are there any self-loathing web sites out there? There
> probably are. There seem to be approximately one billion web sites for every
> klesha known to Gautama Buddha. But the prevailing klesha in web development
> seems to be asmitaa. A fairly accurate precis of the content of 95% of the
> websites in the world is "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!
> Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"

Of course you are right about that. I really couldn't help myself.
However, as well as being a snide and unjustified ad homimem swipe of my
own - there was a certain point I was making. The point being that
obviously Sam Harris (and his toadies) decided quite intentionally to
associated themselves with Dershowitz' idiotic sniping at Chomsky.  Just
take a look at the Dershowitz  quote - in one breath he bemoans the need
for "reasoned debate" while simultaneously lumping suicide bombers
together with Noam Chomsky. And Harris places this at the very top of
the fawning reviews! Kinda makes you think. Don't it?

- Curt