[Buddha-l] RE: The Body in Buddhist Practice

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Oct 31 09:17:24 MST 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 19:20, Piya Tan wrote:

> Now we now what scholars and academics do when they are not in class.

On the basis of what is posted to buddha-l we cannot arrive at conclusions as
to how academics spend their time when not in class. Hardly anyone who posts
here is an employed academic. If we can draw conclusions, on the basis of
buddha-l posting, about how any class of people spend their time, I suppose
it would be how retired people spend their time and how unemployed and
self-employed people spend their time.

> I hope there be giants here, too, or at least hearty heads.

All the giants and normal-sized folk have long since fled buddha-l. All of us
who remain are intellectual midgets and dwarves.

--
Richard P. Hayes (the 'P' stands for "Puny")
Department of Philosophy