[Buddha-l] Tibetan language expert

Richard Nance richard.nance at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:10:15 MST 2006

Malcolm --

It may be that the reticence you're encountering is due to the fact
that no one is sure which Tibetan terms were invoked in the exchange
to which Ron Leifer referred (i.e., which terms were translated as
"meditation" and "paying attention"). As has already been noted,
there's more than one way to talk about such things in Tibetan; in the
absence of more specific information, the discussion here will be
little more than speculative.

Best wishes,

R. Nance