[Buddha-l] FW: Three year Research Associate, UK, Indian & Buddhist theories of self

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Aug 2 20:34:24 MDT 2007

Hmmmm--think from now on I shall stop writing aso and begin writing nado.
Aso is, as you point out, too embarrassingly close to aa so.
The beauty of it is that nobody will know what I've written except Stephen
and maybe a few other Japanese speakers on the list.
Heh heh.
Joanna

PS:  Japanese "aa sô" actually means something like a generally non-commital
"I see", "Oh really".  Don't you remember that Emperor Hirohito used to be
called "Emperor Aa sô" during the Pacific War years, because of his verbal
tic of murmuring that all the time ?  FYI "etcetera" in Japanese is "nado".

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge