[Buddha-l] Publishing books (was Rain)

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Aug 28 13:50:54 MDT 2007

....Another advantage of DVD publication is the possibility of including
high-quality images, not to mention video and sound.

All in all, the best way to go--surely?

--
Margaret Gouin
PhD Candidate
Centre for Buddhist Studies
Department of Theology and Religious Studies University of Bristol (UK)
=================
As someone who has published a multimedia CD-ROM of my research  (a CDR
because DVDs were just getting started), I whole-heartedly endorse this
idea. Mine contains over 1000 images, most in color,
video clips, music, and multiple texts. No print publication could possible
have included what amounts to an archive of photos of a certain kind of art,
covering two decades.
One problem with this medium is that many people dislike reading long
amonuts of text on a monitor screen as well as printing out pages of text on
their home printers. However, the cost savings are so huge that eventually I
think people will get over it--especially if the digital code enables them
to print pages of whatever they need in print form without having to print
the whole magilla.
Think of the savings in trees!

Joanna Kirkpatrick

Checked by AVG Free Edition.