[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 12:46:36 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/3/2007 1:10:20 P.M. Central Standard Time,
selwyn at ntlworld.com writes:

I rather  incline to agree with this interpretation. The placing of
these two  discourses in adjacent position strongly suggests:
a) samatha and wisdom  are alternative forms of putting the teachings
into practice;
b) both  are envisaged as legitimate and presumably therefore as
leading to the  same goal. I would take this as implying that both are
considered as  necessary.

That is my understanding also. I want to see if we agree on the definition
of wisdom and insight. How do you define these terms?

Jack