[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 3 13:20:49 MST 2007

Jack,

I presume you mean in Pali.

>That is my understanding also. I want to see if we agree on the definition
>of wisdom and insight. How do you define these terms?
>
>Jack

I would refer rather to their range. 'Wisdom' (pa~n~naa/pajaanaati)
is used to cover a wide range of types of understanding from the
lowest to the highest; so everything depends on context. 'Insight
(vipassanaa/vipassati) is much more restricted and often seems to
refer specifically to some kind of experiential understanding of e.g.
'change'.

Lance