[Buddha-l] Representations of Buddhism in the Media

Cristina Rocha C.Rocha at uws.edu.au
Fri Feb 2 15:14:44 MST 2007

Hi Jim,

In my book, "Zen in Brazil: The Quest for Cosmopolitan Modernity" (Hawaii University Press, 2006), I analyse the construction of an imaginary of Buddhism and Zen by Japanese migrants, European and Brazilian literature, journalists, travellers, followers, monks and nuns, and the media. In chapter 4, I deal specifically with representations of Buddhism in the media. But the intersections of Buddhism and popular culture are explored throughout the book. I hope it helps.

cheers,

Cristina

Dr. Cristina Rocha
ARC Postdoctoral Fellow
Centre for Cultural Research
University of Western Sydney

Author of "Zen in Brazil: The Quest for Cosmopolitan Modernity", Hawaii University Press, 2006.
Managing Editor: Journal of Global Buddhism www.globalbuddhism.org
http://www.uws.edu.au/research/researchcentres/ccr/ccrpeople/drcristinarocha

Message: 1