[Buddha-l] Yogi with a cell phone

Espen S. Ore espen.ore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 01:28:29 MST 2007

jkirk skrev  19.02.2007 19:48:
> Amused by this account, I wondered if Buddhist monks in Thailand are allowed
> to have cell phones. Anybody know? I feel pretty sure they are allowed them
> in China, land of hi-tech and rage for gadgetry.

Once in a Thai temple here in Norway during recitation the local monk's
phone started to ring (in silent mode, just vibrating beside him). Later
that day i was driving a Tibetan lama when his phone started to ring,
the ring tune was a voice saying "Ring ring, ring ring".

Espen Ore
Holmestrand/Oslo
Norway