[Buddha-l] [Fwd: [skepnet] Documentaire: Jesus Camp (2006)]

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jul 5 10:10:25 MDT 2007

Imagine a place where focused, precocious kids pledge
 allegiance to a holy text and train as ideological warriors
 - even, yes, martyrs. You're imagining America -
specifically, Kids on Fire, an evangelical madrassa
devoted to fomenting a religiopolitical Children's
 Crusade. ''This world, all it feeds you is trash,'' says
 12-year-old Levi. ''I want the meat.''

recensies:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jesus_camp/
http://www.metacritic.com/video/titles/jesuscamp

Erik
==============
It's the US Christians' emulation of the Hitler Youth.
We are definitely in the age of rising fascism, thanks to the laws that
allow corporations to be legal 'individuals' and thus acquire immense
holdings and power, all the rights of individuals, now globalized.
Both the IMS in Barre, Mass. And the Spirit Rock Meditation Center near San
Francisco run programs for kids. Somebody should make a documentary about
those programs.
If only we could get Michael Moore interested. Socially engaged Buddhists
believe in all the things he supports, no?

Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:55 PM