[Buddha-l] [Fwd: [skepnet] Documentaire: Jesus Camp (2006)]

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Thu Jul 5 13:11:34 MDT 2007

>A growing number of Evangelical Christians believe
> there is a revival underway in America that requires
> Christian youth to assume leadership roles in
> advocating the causes of their religious movement.
> This documentary, directed by Heidi Ewing and
> Rachel Grady, directors of the critically acclaimed
> "The Boys of Baraka," follows Levi, Rachael, and
> Tory to Pastor Becky Fischer's "Kids on Fire"
> summer camp in Devil's Lake, North Dakota,
>where kids as young as 6 years-old are taught to
> become dedicated Christian soldiers in "God's army."
>
>Imagine a place where focused, precocious kids pledge
> allegiance to a holy text and train as ideological warriors
> - even, yes, martyrs. You're imagining America -
>specifically, Kids on Fire, an evangelical madrassa
>devoted to fomenting a religiopolitical Children's
> Crusade. ''This world, all it feeds you is trash,'' says
> 12-year-old Levi. ''I want the meat.''

I was initially shocked when watching this documentary until I felt as manipulated by the documentary as the documentary wanted me to see those kids being manipulated by camp Jesus. It's religion, no more no less. Conditioning and manipulation, including of children, is everywhere. Most people looked pretty sincere to me, they didn't try to hide their intentions, and the chilldren didn't look unhappy.
I wonder how Evangelical Christians treat their widows. There is a market of 40 million widows in India to be conquered.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/05/damon.india.widows/index.html