[Buddha-l] [Fwd: [skepnet] Documentaire: Jesus Camp (2006)]

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Jul 6 14:56:26 MDT 2007

There's a side to this which is not confined to E.C.'s, I admit. Zygmunt
Bauman calls this postmodernism. In modernism there was a  direction for
history and a goal to be attained. Then there were the rational means to get
there. Now truth and illusion are entwined never to be separated again. It's
like a social Law of Gödel: every goal needs another one, and so does every
justification and every truth. The media have developed into infosoaps. One
way to escape this is blind belief, just convince yourself of anything to
get rid of this nasty nagging feeling of inadequacy and incertainty. Some
beliefsystems make me more worried then others however, especially the more
millitant ones, but then again it may not always be right to put all the
blame on the believers.

Erik