[Buddha-l] Pure Land

Steven Rhodes srhodes at boulder.net
Wed Jul 11 11:00:18 MDT 2007

Dear Richard,

I have no doubt that Dec. 25 was Mithras' birthday or that it was the
winter solstice on the old Roman calendar.  What I'm particularly
interested in is the theory that the Christians intentionally chose this
date for "Christmas" so as to keep their adherents occupied on that day
(and therefore not in a Mithraeum).  I doubt that the Catholic
Encyclopedia would be very forthcoming on this matter.

Steve