[Buddha-l] BAMBOO, ANYONE?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jul 16 18:43:12 MDT 2007

Not sure if there are any gardeners on this list, but here is a plant worth
meditating on--bamboo.

HYPERLINK
"http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/15/MNGDQQRR271.DTL
"http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/15/MNGDQQRR271.DTL

"...No wonder this plant inspires creation myths. Pieces of bamboo were said
to have been found around Buddha's remains...."

I bought 2 plants from a nursery that did not have any of the wonderful
types named in this article, but the article did tell me how to control the
spread of the ones I have. I too am worried about my stand invading the
neighbors.

When I go and deal with it I think of the Buddha and his followers walking
through the Indian bamboo jungles, being careful not to step on shoots (they
are quite sharp) and being grateful for their fluffy shade. They make music
when the wind stirs them.

Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:21 PM