[Buddha-l] Sending humanitarian packages outside the USA

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jul 21 20:57:59 MDT 2007

Some members of this list may be involved in sending books and other items
to humanitarian centers or organizations abroad--

I just learned from an organization of which I'm a member the following:

US POSTAL SERVICE ELIMINATES SURFACE SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE US:  Many of you
have generously collected and shipped critically important books (M Bags),
school, medical, and craft supplies to ----.  There is no other method of
shipping items [outside the USA] other than by post – or personal delivery
by a traveler.  In the recent postal rate hike – the USPS has eliminated all
surface and therefore ‘reasonable’ cost shipping outside the US.  I was
astounded when I presented an “M” Bag of science books at the Post Office to
be told that my 30 pound box would not cost $30 but would cost $167 instead!

A group of individuals and organizations conducting various types of aid
efforts around the world have been hit hard by this change and have banded
together to try to find a way to accomplish our mission statements.

Please help us by signing our e-petition (see links below) expressing the
great loss of the “M” Bag and small packet surface shipments outside the US.

Go to this link to sign the petition (I just did).
http://www.petitiononline.com/zikomo/petition.html

Thanks for any help with this, Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:39 PM