[Buddha-l] Re: Filtered Buddhism

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 19:26:27 MDT 2007

On Jackhat's comments:

You're probably right--it could be due to other
causes.  I lived both on the East Coast and on the
West Coast in the U.S. and could find big differences
between Buddhist groups on both sides of the
continent.  And there are also big differences between
groups of the same "branch" of Buddhsim in the same
city.

On the other hand, I don't think that socializing and
meditating exclude each other.  Healthy sanghas have a
balanced mix of both, in my opinion.  Or at least
there is room to socialize.  Personally, I have no
interest in beer and bowling, but may other sentient
beings be free to enjoy them!

Katherine Masis
San José, Costa Rica