[Buddha-l] Genetics

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 24 13:16:01 MDT 2007

Gang,

Joy mentioned a time when

> the gene of awakening will finally be isolated from the Buddha's tooth.

Have to say, I love this idea. Cloning the Buddha may be out of the
question, but perhaps identifying his genetic characteristics would be
helpful in our own training to be strengthen the qualities we deem he
had. Writing this, I realize this is not entirely insane or un-dharmic.
But it's a ways off. Meanwhile, have there been conversations about
doing dating of relics of the Buddha (as with the Shroud of Turin)?

Curiously,

Franz