[Buddha-l] The words of the Buddha

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Mon May 14 00:17:09 MDT 2007

Hmmm... If you think of it carefully, rebirth is the only "theory" of
the "origin" and dynamics of life (and death) that has some proof (if it
counts as proof to you). You can research on Dr. Ian Stevenson's (still
at Virginia University I think) work on this. He has done extensive
research into the subject for more than 20 years - with startling
evidence from many real-life cases. Rebirth also explains "unanswered"
issues like how children can be so different from their parents (if they
created them) and how children are born unequal (if there is a fair
creator). There must be a cause, and in science (and spirituality),
absolutely nothing is random.

Rebirth is of course tied with the dynamics of karma - which is somewhat
natural causality on a moral plane. The funny thing is, most folks do
believe in karma to some extent - because if not, surely, the world
would be in moral chaos. We might think we can easily break all the
precepts (and thus, human law) and all get away with it. Most of us
refrain because we are wary of the consequences. Even if human law does
not nab us, moral laws might - eg. we might be racked with guilt and
fear... that's "bad karma" bearing fruit.

Amituofo, shi'an
www.moonpointer.com
www.TheDailyEnlightenment.com