[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Wed May 16 03:05:58 MDT 2007

Joy Vriens wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>

>> When I was still a Buddhist groupy, I followed Namkhai Norbu for a while
>> and he said that it is a great opportunity for an animal to be
>> slaughtered and eaten by a bodhisattva, because it gets a karmic
>> connection and will be among the followers of that bodhisattva in a
>> future life.
>>

> What was his opinion about e.g. rape by a bodhisattva?

Hi Joy
That never came up, but Norbu was a familyman. For rape you should ask
the Kargyudpa tradition especially the late Kalu Rche has made himself a
reputation. I must say that I was rather embarrassed when an elderly and
important rinpoche of this tradition kissed me on the mouth and asked me
to visit him early in the morning in his chambers (I cannot remember his
name now).

Erik