[Buddha-l] Finding books [was: all sorts of other subject lines]

Margaret Gouin Margaret.Gouin at bristol.ac.uk
Fri May 25 02:17:56 MDT 2007

I live in an island without what I consider decent bookstores (Gozo, not
the UK). I do all my book shopping on the web.
www.bookfinders.com is a good place to start because it lists many used
*and* new books (include ABE, Amazon, etc.) in a variety of languages.
For speciality Buddhist books I usually start with Wisdom in the UK
(www.wisdom-books.com) or occasionally Snow Lion but Wisdom tends to have
good reviews plus excerpts.
Much depends on the cost of mailing. Some organisations (e.g. Amazon
Marketplace) don't even mail to Malta at all.
<sigh> I still manage to accumulate tottering piles of books I haven't
read yet...
--
Margaret Gouin
PhD Candidate