[Buddha-l] Back to the core values?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun May 27 19:17:20 MDT 2007

I guess what I want is to go back to how early Buddhism SHOULD have been ...
in my eyes.
Bob

=========
Well, IMO "Small is Beautiful." Early Buddhism (except for the monastic
code, which I've not read yet and which applies to monastics, which I am
not) seems to me to have been "small"--not elaborate and full of foofoo
rituals, deities, arcane practices, etc. The simplicity comes through in the
Pali suttas (translated, in my case). I agree with you Bob that there is no
resemblance between early Buddhism as represented in the Pali suttas and
fundo Chirstianity, funo Islam, or fundo anything else.
Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:05 PM