[Buddha-l] FW: Soteriology of universals

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Oct 18 06:24:02 MDT 2007

Sorry you missed that I was making a little joke.
Joanna
====================

Joanna,

>"Mystai and bakchoi are initiates into the mysteries of Eleusis and
>Dionysus respectively (Cole 201)"
>
>I thought bakchoi was Chinese cabbage :)

........"In the Eleusinian Mysteries, the bakchoi were the branches that
initiates carried during their procession along the Sacred Way, the
twenty-one kilometer hike from Athens to Eleusis. (Homo necans, p. 306 f.)"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchoi

Joy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:38 AM