[Buddha-l] Re: Gog and Magog

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 17:43:22 MDT 2007

> I cannot think of a single genuine concession that either side has made in
> this horrible situation. All I have ever seen is betrayal and broken
promises
> coming from both sides to an equal degree.

Now I find that fascinating. Barak offered Arafat the West Bank, Gaza and
half of Jerusalem (including the Temple Mount and Western Wall). Sharon
unilaterally withdrew from Gaza (so, despite Hamas rhetoric, Gaza is not
"occupied" at present). The PA has had its own elections, limited autonomy
is selected areas (that started in the early 90s with Jericho), the PA
military and police organizations have been armed by Israel, and I could go
on, but, as you say, you don't see it. Too bad. Is there a single material
counter-concession you can name? Just one. Shouldn't be hard, with all this
equal parity to go around....

Dan