[Buddha-l] Religious, But Not Spiritual

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 26 10:12:46 MDT 2007

Joy Vriens schreef:
> Eric (hi) wrote:
>
>>> Religious, But Not Spiritual: Ken Wilber & Father Thomas Keating
>>> http://padmakara.zaadz.com/blog
>>>
>>> Obligatory Buddhist content: found on a Buddhist blog
>>>

>> Just Platonism for Oprah fans, nothing Buddhist in it at all. Some
>> advaita though.
>>

> According to Wilber one can talk about tattva (he uses another word, but I forgot what it was ;-)) from a pre-rational (magical, mythical), rational and trans-rational or integral perspective. You are obviously talking from a (pseudo) rational perspective. What would you tell us from a trans-rational perspective? And is there anything Buddhist in nirvana?

Hi Joy,

this is to complicated for an old simple minded philosopher like me. I
never succeded in reading any substantial text from Ken (does he come as
a Barbydoll as well?) because I always fell asleep after three pages.
Perhaps I should first study 'Isis unveiled' in order to get a grip on
this trans-thing.
As for your last question: I don't know if I'm a Buddhist, it depends
hwo asks, and I don't know nirvana, so maybe you're asking the wrong
person. But if you find out, I'll be very interested to know :-) .

--

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950