[Buddha-l] Re: Opening at UNM-- Richard Hayes

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:18:19 MDT 2008

On Saturday 12 April 2008 21:23, Tyler Cann wrote:

> Wow, if you guys hired somebody in Indian Philosophy/Pali Buddhism, UNM
> would be an absolute powerhouse.  Are the powers-that-be leaning in said
> direction?

So far the powers-that-be are not obviously leaning in any direction at all. I
think they are determined to get someone who has a good track record as an
administrator and is an excellent scholar in some field associated with
religious studies (such as history, anthropology, sociology, philosophy etc).
As of now, the competition is wide open.

> By the way, Prof. Hayes, if you don't mind me asking a personal question,
> could you give me a little hint as to how long you are planning on staying
> at UNM?

I'm hoping to make it until 5:00 this afternoon. If that works out, then it
seems likely that I'll aim to stay on full time until 2012. The current plan
is that I'll be at University of Leiden in 2009 from mid-August until
mid-December.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy