[Buddha-l] FW: Tibetan language --Tibetan terms for "autonomy" & "independence" --query on usage

Richard Nance richard.nance at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:51:10 MDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:47 AM,  <yeshiuk at aol.com> wrote:
> And might there also be discussion of 'sovereignty' and 'suzerainty' and their Tibetan equivalents? Important in terms of British imperial legacies in the Tibet-China situation.
> Cheers,
> Charles

On these questions (and many others) Elliot Sperling's "The
Tibet-China Conflict: History and Polemics" is the best place to
start. It's referenced in the blog post to which I pointed yesterday,
and is available as a free download -- clicking on the link below will
take you directly to the .pdf file:

http://tinyurl.com/5jlmkf

Best wishes,

R. Nance