[Buddha-l] Jung and Dignaga

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Dec 31 11:56:52 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 03:52 -0500, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> My best recommendation is to keep reading and broaden the scope of your
> readings. This area is highly polemicized, and clearly Jung has had many
> supporters and sympathizers, who have not only tried to sanitize his
> biography, but demonize Freud in the process.

Fortunately, there has never been a Freudian who has ever demonized
Jung. Thank heavens polemicization is a one-way street.

I think it may be worth pointing out that just as buddha-l is not a
forum for advocating or denigrating any form of Buddhism, it is also not
a forum for partisan advocacy or denigration of any form of depth
psychology.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy