[Buddha-l] The mess in America

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Sat Feb 9 15:45:06 MST 2008

Joanna et al.,

Richard wrote,

> If America becomes a suburb of Beijing, at least some form of
> capitalist
> Buddhism will thrive in Hollywood and Las Vegas.

Joanna responded,

> No---Hollywood Buddhists will get sudden enlightenment and join up
> with
> their friends in Scientology.

Speaking as a Hollywood Buddhist, I do hope your prognostication is
correct and I shall achieve/realize sudden enlightenment soon. Not
sure about the "friends in Scientology" side: their "Celebrity
Center" (a beautiful old Hollywood architectural remnant) is three
blocks from my house and when they have a party it is very loud and
very crowded and very annoying. Good practice for me: all sounds are
the Buddha voice!

Franz